StartupCity Ostrava launches its first ever open call for startups and companies from around the world!!!
What are we looking for?
ambitious, inovative startups from around the world which are working actively in envitech and need to test their solutions/technologies/products in real environment (TRL 5 and above).
Topics (one of three topics or their combination):
a) Urban gardening – any ideas/solutions allowing building the relationship between technology and greenery, solutions which would bring nature closer to the Technology park e.g. community gardens, bee hives,
b) Sick syndrom prevention – any solutions/technologies regulating CO2,
c) Efficient use of energy within the buildings/T-park area.
What services/benefits can selected start-ups/companies receive?
– Testing facility (MSIC Ostrava – Technology park – 11.000 m2) – possibility to test the technology either directly at Technology park or in other relevant areas;
– Cowork for up to 6 months for free;
– Mentoring and coaching by MSIC staff and/or MSIC Experts for free;
– New partners – matchmaking with relevant partners from Ostrava/Czech Republic;
– Access to new market;
– Ostrava Expat Centrum services.
PHASE 1 – call for startups
• Launch of the call – 1.7.
• Deadline of the call – 31.8.2021 (midnight)
• Proposal – application form + 1 minute video
PHASE 2 – selection of up to 10 finalists
• Selection of up to 10 finalists by MSIC
• Announcement of up to 10 finalists – 9.9.2021
PHASE 3 – Global Startup Cities Summit Malaga – 24.11.2021
• Up to 10 finalists presentation in front of „MSIC Challenge Jury“
• Announcement of up to 3 winners
PHASE 4 – soft-landing to Ostrava
• Up to 3 winners coming in Ostrava (as of January 2022)
How to apply?
– fill in a short application form
– prepare a 1 minute video (presenting your team and proposed solution)
– send ppt and link to video to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st August 2021 (midnight the latest).